Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Study Illustrator

For over the years I almost mastered Photoshop and uses it in many ways - photo manipulation, web/UI designs, graphic arts, vfx, digital painting, animation, storyboard sketching, texturing for 3D meshes, logo creation and flyers. Speaking of logo creation - Photoshop can't handle smooth vector formats and it is always has jagged edges and fairly disadvantage for creating smooth logo types.

Now, advising by my friend Sir Jhon Dave Baliton , that I will be using it because to there is a lot of advantage in using Illustrator and as well as job opportunities and used by many great artist. I am already left behind with these Illustrator kids because I was focused on 3D World and mainly I used Blender to render and experimental animations and renders. But now I'm back in learning Illustrator and eventually use FOSS (Free Open Source Software) and later will combine with Blender (yeah Blender does supports SVG formats).

This is what I've done from following the tutorial, just like in the old days of learning Photoshop. Sometimes you'd become stupid for a moment to follow a tutorial without taking notes and later realized the result of the image was small LOL... and this is my result:

and then I re-read the tutorial and almost got it,

and finally, due to still lack of experience in using the software - shortcuts and it's feature, I combine it with Photoshop...

No comments:

Post a Comment